Sports are very important to us at the school.
We believe that getting children involved in sport helps with the following:
- develops pupils’ physical competence and confidence, and their ability to use these to perform in a range of activities;
- promotes physical skilfulness, physical development and a knowledge of body in action;
- provides opportunities for pupils to be creative, competitive and to face up to different challenges as individuals and in groups and teams;
- promotes positive attitudes towards active and healthy lifestyles.
Pupils learn how to:
- think in different ways to suite a wide variety of creative, competitive and challenging activities;
- plan perform and evaluate actions, ideas and performances to improve their quality and effectiveness.
- Through this process pupils discover their aptitudes, abilities and preferences and make choices about how to get involved in lifelong physical activities.