Sports are very important to us at the school. We believe that getting children involved in sport helps with the following:
- develops pupils’ physical competence and confidence, and their ability to use these to perform in a range of activities;
- promotes physical skilfulness, physical development and a knowledge of body in action;
- provides opportunities for pupils to be creative, competitive and to face up to different challenges as individuals and in groups and teams;
- promotes positive attitudes towards active and healthy lifestyles.
Pupils learn how to:
- think in different ways to suite a wide variety of creative, competitive and challenging activities;
- plan perform and evaluate actions, ideas and performances to improve their quality and effectiveness.
Through this process pupils discover their aptitudes, abilities and preferences and make choices about how to get involved in lifelong physical activities.